Monday 13 June 2011

Wee Willy Winky Hat for Newborns



Wee Willy Winky is back - in this gorgeous stripey hat and not his nightgown as the nursery rhyme goes!  This new design came into being when a customer asked me if I could do one of my rainbow hats in this style.  Cue for me to start a pattern search.  One kind knitter on www.knittingforumhelp.com made the helpful suggestion of basing it on a santa hat.  I found a pattern, knitted the prototype (odd looking for santa hat patterns in June but they're out there on the internet all year round!) and then adapted the pattern for mark two - the genuine article!



Naturally, I'm delighted with the result.  The only challenge was the pom pom to finish it off.  Now I've made many poms in my time - but not since my school days.  I thought I'd try the new fangled method of doing it just using my hands - no cardboard cutout circles.  Hmm, that was less successful - so I reverted to the cardbord circles which have stood the test of time.

Happy to take custom orders for these - please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
www.facebook.com/MosaicTree
mosaic_tree@yahoo.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment